Changing Tenants On Tenancy Agreement

The bond is processed independently of Findlay Property. We strongly recommend that you formalize the transfer of funds with outgoing tenants in a non-verbal manner, for example. B by email, signed letter or change of sola. As a general rule, a lease cannot be changed unless both parties agree to the changes. If you want to transfer your lease to someone, you must write to your landlord. It`s a lease. You are not entitled to this type of assignment. Your landlord may authorize an assignment in exceptional cases. They give you a written decision. The legal rights vary depending on the type of lease. If the transfer is authorized, it must be recorded in writing and signed by the landlord and all tenants. This includes the tenant who leaves and the new tenant. The landlord, the abandoned tenant, the new tenant and all other tenants should have a copy.

The lease you have depends on the facts of your situation, not what your agreement says. For example, if you pay rent to a private landlord who does not live with you and you have accepted a rent of 6 months, you will probably have short-term rent (or a guaranteed short rent in Scotland). This will also be the case if your agreement says otherwise. Check the type of lease you have. Common tenants must write to the landlord and confirm that both agree to the change in the tenancy agreement. If the landlord accepts the rent change, a new lease must be signed. If you wish to allocate your place in the tenancy agreement, all other tenants must give their consent. You must also obtain written agreement from the owner. The owner cannot hold him inconsistently and cannot add inappropriate conditions to his consent. If you are disabled, your landlord may be obliged to change the lease if the length of the contract means that you are in a worse situation than that of someone without your disability. Your landlord can only charge you your rent if they have given you your name and address – regardless of whether you have a written lease or not.

The above data apply to both fixed-term leases and periodic contracts. But if you are in a periodic lease, you can also simply terminate the lease. If you do not have a legal right to an estate, the landlord can still grant you a new lease. This is called “political succession.” Your landlord can give you more information and advice.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.